The drive is being held in memory of Mike Pepin, the father of Boy Scout Matt Pepin how planned the event as his Eagle Project (Matt Pepin is pictured with his father). Matt Pepin wanted to honor his dad's memory by helping patients at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women's Hospital by hosting a blood drive.
For your comfort and convenience coffee and donuts to be served during morning hours and pizza for lunch.
PREPARING TO DONATE BLOOD
- Day of Donation
- Photo ID REQUIRED
- Drink extra water the day before and of donation
- Eat your regular meals and eat before donating
- Health: Be in good general health and feel well the day of donation
- Weight: At least 110 pounds
- Age: At least 17 years of age
Among Other Requirements
- Antibiotics: Be 72 hours free AND 72 hours symptom free
- Dental Work: Be 48 hours free of completed procedures – includes cleanings. Please contact the blood donor center with questions or if work on a specific procedure is ongoing
- Medications or Medical Conditions: Please contact the blood donor center
- Travel Outside USA: If within 12 months, please contact the blood donor center with detailed dates and locations
- Living Outside USA: If lived for 5 years or more, please contact the donor center with detailed dates and locations
- Tattoos: Must be over 12 months old
- Body Piercings (includes ears): OK if piercing was done by a professional
Questions should directed to BloodDonor@partners.org or call 617-632-3206.